Leicester Half Marathon 2019

Home Forums Medal Monday Leicester Half Marathon 2019

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Barry Griffin
    Participant

My medal for the cancelled Leicester Half Marathon (which became a virtual Half Marathon) arrived in the post today.  I ran the distance on the day that the race was scheduled early in October.

I like this medal.  I also like the snazzy red packaging that it came in.  Most of the label peeled off nicely, so it will come in handy for Christmas.  Back to the medal.  I am not sure why it has a hole in the middle.  As far as I know Leicester does not have a great big hole running through the middle of it.  In line with my recent aim to get medals that only have animals on them I wish it had a Leicestershire Sheep.  My next medal will be for the Benidorm 10K.  At best I am hoping for a Spanish bull but at least a stuffed donkey will do.

Richard Woodfield
    Participant

Smart medal Barry.  I reckon that shape is meant to depict the route of that event.  Alternatively it also looks rather like a piece of fox’s poo – long, fairly thin and of rather indeterminate shape.

Barry Griffin
    Participant

I will take the fox’s poo Richard, as it is animal related 😀

Vicky Pixi
    Keymaster

@barrygriffin LOL Barry – No line running through Leicester but there should be😱 a big line through the marathon..haha.. im allowed to say that coz i done it and hated it (1 big poo hole – ooooo look theres the hole)

But another medal to add to your collection!

Barry Griffin
    Participant

@Vicky Pixi. I will always think of Leicester having a big poo hole in the centre of it now😖

sharnie1
    Keymaster

Lol to Vicky – having been to Leicester a couple of times I’m not sure about it as a destination for a race and think you had a lucky escape getting to pick your own route on a virtual run 😉 nice that they did that with the medals though and it’s not a bad bit of bling – though woefully lacking on the animal theme – though if you screw your eyes up and tilt your head you can almost get the hole to be a slug 🙂

meercat58
    Participant

Surely thats a caterpillar Barry 😆😆

Chris Pattison
    Participant

ha ha .. a lovely piece of fox poo bling Barry.  Hopefully you’ll get to run it proper next year, I’ll be tempted myself.

jason dawson
    Participant

nice photo of a nice medal, well done and well deserved.

JillyMP
    Participant

Fox poo? I shall ask Salsa, she is an expert. Good bling though and nice reusable packaging.

Perhaps the stuffed donkey will be wearing a sombrero?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar