London Marathon 2020 whose in?

Home Forums Marathon London Marathon 2020 whose in?

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    Vicky Pixi
    Keymaster

Snap – another rejection e-mail – I didn’t even get a magazine lol.. Thinking of entering either Boston if i want any chance of a pb or the Breckland Forest Marathon in Norfolk for a more enjoyable laid back amble 🙂

meercat58
    Participant

Two of my joust team buddies are in. Sarah got offered a place earlier on in the year as she was one of the 7+ hour runners this year and Fiona got a ballot congrats email this morning. Looks like I will be there on support duties 😊😊😊

Vicky Pixi
    Keymaster

@meercat58 Well really good to hear that some good come from the appalling behaviour from this years event, and even better that Sarah wasn’t put off altogether!!

I don’t know one person with a yes your in yet.

Richard Woodfield
    Participant

As the running top of rejection hangs limply over the base layer of inevitability it’s time to lick our wounds and move on! 😉

Ruth Cleeves
    Participant

I agree with Richard! Plenty of great events out there, although rejection is always tough. By the way…… Saxon Shore Marathons (Kent) have a special ‘Rejected’ Marathon on the same day as London Marathon every year…. much more fun than ‘the real thing’…… why not take a look?

Tara
    Participant

It was a big no for me! I got my 6th rejection. I wasn’t expecting to get in and to be honest  I wasn’t that bothered. Yes I would still love to do London one day but there are other great marathons out there. My first 2 rejections I would be really upset about it but now I think it’s not worth getting upset about. I have Edinburgh and Manchester booked for next year and really looking forward to those 🙂

• This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Tara.
    • This reply was modified 1 month, 4 weeks ago by  Tara.
    Karl B
    Participant

No for me yesterday also, I kind of expect it anyway each year; which is a sad way to look at it really, but that’s just how it is.

I tend not to dwell on it too much, and don’t really get into the argument for or against charity places. I know a couple of people who have got in, well 3 I think that I personally know. We can go into a ballot at our club as we are allocated 2 places, so the odds of getting one of them are far better than getting one in the race ballot

Sharon McShane
    Participant

It’s a no for me too but that’s because I didn’t enter this year 🙂 Completing it last year was enough for me – it’s ticked off and probably won’t enter again, give other people more chance in the ballot 🙂

Richard
    Participant

Hi Guys – I got in… London here I Come!!!

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar