Running Bug Forums Marathon Manchester Marathon 2019

• Manchester Marathon 2019

Rachel updated 2 years, 5 months ago 17 Members · 36 Posts
  • Vicky Pixi

Administrator
    April 3, 2019 at 12:14 pm

Who’s doing this years Manchester Marathon??

Are you getting excited? or utterly bricking it???

Hope everyones training for gone well and your all tapered and rested for kick off

HEHE not long to go now 🙂

• Strongjon

April 3, 2019 at 1:06 pm

I am excited. This will be the third time I have done this and I love the event. I have trained hard for it this year and am looking forward to getting going on Sunday. I need to remember to keep it steady though. Last year I felt good, went off too quickly, was well up on my time by half way and at 30K but then you all know what happens next!!

I know that Ross, Amanda and Steve are doing it as well, but which other bugs will be there?

• Vicky Pixi

Administrator
    April 3, 2019 at 1:48 pm

Looking forward to seeing how you get on this year Jon, emmm.. you taking it steady lol GOOD LUCK!!

Will you be doing a bug meet?

• Richard Gregory

April 3, 2019 at 2:41 pm

Good luck, I did that one last year all was going well for me until mile 18 then went pear shaped then when bloke went past me in flip flops I knew it was a bad day 😂

• Ruth Cleeves

April 3, 2019 at 3:25 pm

Good luck to all you Manchester Marathon Bugs! Especially Amanda and Linda. Can’t wait to see how you all do! Go Bugs!!

• sharnie1

Administrator
    April 3, 2019 at 3:52 pm

Good luck guys 👍👍

• Ian S

April 3, 2019 at 4:41 pm

Good luck everyone,  remember it’s a flat course so I expect everyone to get a PB. I also hope none of you are staying in the same hotel as we did 2 years ago.

• Vicky Pixi

Administrator
    April 3, 2019 at 4:42 pm

@richardgregory LOL – Flip Flops😱that’s no easy task, so yeah i can see why that was your utoh empathy moment LOL

• Strongjon

April 4, 2019 at 7:26 am

The plan is a bug meet at the bag drop area after the event I think. I am aiming to meet Ross, Amanda and Steve if possible. All other bugs who want to meet that are doing the run, make themselves known

• Vicky Pixi

Administrator
    April 4, 2019 at 7:50 am

@strongjon make sure you get picture!!

• Sharon McShane

April 4, 2019 at 1:01 pm

Good luck to everyone running it on Sunday – hope the weather is kind to you but seeing as it’s Manchester it’s bound to rain ;0

• JillyMP

April 5, 2019 at 4:38 am

Good Luck you Manchester lot, go and do us proud. Well jell (I think? 🤔)

• Richard Woodfield

April 5, 2019 at 7:11 pm

Good luck everyone – I know that a massive amount of training and determination has gone into the prep.

Everyone is banned from having that sudden burst of optimism after about 3 miles when you suddenly think “this [my planned pace] is really quite easy why don’t I speed up a bit….”  😉 Hope to see lots of bling afterwards.

• NathalieR

April 5, 2019 at 9:11 pm

Good luck to all bugs taking part! I look forward to reading all about your exploits and rember to breathe deeply and enjoy!

• Linda Lewis

April 5, 2019 at 9:20 pm

Drove up to my sisters this afternoon. Weather forecast looks good. Nerves kicking  in hoping for a PB but trying not to put pressure on. Just want to get started now.

Viewing 1 - 15 of 36 posts

Original Post
0 of 0 posts June 2018
Now