THAMES PATH 100

Home Forums ultra THAMES PATH 100

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • Author
    Ruth Cleeves
    Participant

Brilliant write up Ian. I for one am not surprised by how well you did after 7 months of well thought out slog. You look so trim in the photos, which must have helped too. Really important too was that you go the ‘headology’ spot on…. so important and often underrated in Ultra running. This is why, among other things that last year’s death march turned into something much more positive this year. You certainly had a great deal of support, which was lovely. That well earned favourite breakfast must have tasted so good! Well done!! Viking 100 (Saxon Shore Marathons with Traviss) next year perhaps? Either way, I can’t wait to hear what’s next after a good rest……..

Ian S
    Keymaster

Ruth, next up it’s a Marathon in 5 weeks time then 2 weeks after that it’s a 24 hour event. Both in the North East.

JillyMP
    Participant

Congratulations Ian, very well deserved race results!

Love the report, the photos, but especially your mind set. Ian, you seem so “together” and positive. it’s an incredible feat to run (walk) that distance, but to do it in under 21 hours is gobsmacking.

I did think of you and the weather as I shivered in Brighton on Saturday, it was perfect running weather (for you)! You have an exceptional crew and trainer, plus a lovely gang of supporters, they must be all so very proud of you. And how you must be feeling, must be pretty awesome!

One more thing, we learn a lot from reading other race reports (a bit like my nephew said, you learn a lot about your own country by visiting another). I have taken mental notes, not that I’m running any ultra soon, but your fuelling was spot on, sensible pacing and mental strength…. we can all learn from that.

Linda Lewis
    Participant

Amazing run Ian sorry I didn’t manage to see you timings just didn’t work out. Loved reading your write up congratulations.

Amanda Morris
    Participant

Firstly huge congratulations what a fantastic job you did. I followed the updates on Saturday and checked early Sunday morning where you were at. To read from Sharon that she was expecting you in soon and would be running the last few miles with you had me smiling. I’m not surprised you smashed this Ian you have been so focused on training for this and loosing the pounds I’m not sure anything other than something beyond your control would have stopped you! Training your body to go through what you did in my opinion is the easier part (easier is probably the wrong word but I cant think of another one) Its the mind that intrigues me, to run/walk that distance with the temptations at every CP must take so much discipline, focus and self control we can all learn so much from those work ethics, I know I certainly learn a lot from your posts and events.

Congratulations again and a huge well done to the support crew, Sharon’s right this is going to be a great year for you and I cant wait to see how it all unfolds….

Dorothy Meikle
    Participant

Huge congratulations.  Very interesting to read your report to see just what running 100 miles involves.  Amazing support.  Very well done.  Cannot begin to imagine what it must feel like to run that distance

Viewing 6 posts - 91 through 96 (of 96 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Skip to toolbar